A current survey conducted with a leading provider of event keeper requested United kingdom based event managers that which was their preferred tool for managing and planning their occasions. The most typical tool undoubtedly was event keeper with 67% from the votes. Coming second and third were spreadsheets and ‘other’ correspondingly.
Spreadsheets really are a attempted and tested method of managing occasions – they are able to track budgets, monitor sources and could be an ideal way of making and managing lists. The primary advantage of spreadsheets being an event management tool may be the inexpensive connected together. Nearly all event managers get access to spreadsheets and they’re a broadly recognized document format.
However, there’s a large number of drawbacks if event managers choose spreadsheets his or her primary event management tool. Common issues include:
Poor efficiency: Using spreadsheets isn’t a extremely powerful approach to managing all of the facets of a celebration. Chances are that event managers is going to be using a variety of spreadsheets, with a large number of tabs, holding a lot of data. Managing all of this data within spreadsheets could be confusing for an outsider, and time intensive for those users.
Lost data: Spreadsheets are just as safe because the server/system they take a seat on. If they’re stored on the computer hard disk, there’s a danger that the information is going to be lost contrary transpires with that laptop or computer. Spreadsheets will also be vulnerable to freezing/stalling and unless of course the big event manager is familiar with saving regularly, there’s a bad risk that data and work is going to be lost.
Trouble keeping data current: Many occasions have multiple event managers, all utilizing the same spreadsheets to organise and plan various areas. Problems arise when managers update spreadsheets without informing another event mangers the spreadsheet has altered. If event managers have a copy from the master spreadsheet and focus on that, the actual soon becomes outdated. There’s also issues when several event manger must connect to the spreadsheet simultaneously. Just one editable copy could be opened up, resulting in the others to become ‘read only’ – removing the opportunity to make updates.
Difficult to create reports to determine success: A vital a part of event management is the opportunity to analyse event success. It is essential to be capable of understand why is a particular event effective and just what must be measured to be able to analyse event performance. Using spreadsheets makes mtss is a struggle. Although creating graphs and charts could be easy on spreadsheets, the amalgamation and sorting from the data is definitely an very complicated and time intensive task. It is extremely frequently the situation that whenever using spreadsheets, the game of calculating event performance is forgotten or ignored.
Insufficient management information: Much like the problem in creating reports to analyse performance, there’s also too little management information overall. For businesses organising many occasions annually it is important so that you can possess a obvious picture of those occasions in general understanding delegate figures, budgets along with other KPI’s across all occasions might help shape event strategy later on.
These problems create a lot of trouble for organisations with lots of occasions to organize. Because of this, numerous event managers are actually turning towards professional event keeper to assist manage their occasions. These software programs happen to be designed particularly for that event management industry and contain a variety of comprehensive, yet easy-to-use features. Common features include:
· Website Integration: Seemless integration together with your website gives delegates an easier, safer journey and means stay in your corporate brand guidelines
· Online Registration: Creating fully customisable online booking forms by yourself website, recording probably the most relevant information out of your delegates
· Online Payment Processing: Let your delegates to pay for online inside a safe, secure atmosphere
· Invitation Management: Make certain for your niche the best prospect delegates by having an integrated invitation management tool
· E-mail Marketing: Effective, integrated and completely functional e-mail marketing tool to transmit highly targeted email promotions to delegates and prospects
· Badge Production: Save your time by producing personalised badges rapidly and effectively
· Resource Management: Simply manage all of your sources though an extensive calendar
· Integrated Reporting and Analysis: Make sure you can determine the real Return on investment of the occasions though a effective reporting and analysis suite – rapidly and just drill lower towards the event data within seconds
· Event Survey: Create integrated, customisable and automatic surveys for effective feedback management.
Event keeper tools also provide the advantage of multiple deployment methods. A lot of companies choose options for example Software like a Service (SaaS) or hosting to help keep costs and internal IT participation lower. Alternatively companies can continue to buy the systems outright, but nonetheless gain the advantages on lengthy term, ongoing support.